Just got back from Thanksgiving holidays. We had a great Thanksgiving celebration here with our Xtreme Xhibits team. Our Thanksgivings every year are pot luck. It’s the time we take to gather around our show room table and basically eat, talk and laugh and enjoy the camaraderie. I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving with family and friends.
A week prior to that, we had our crazy, team building exercise…our annual lip synch contest. We don’t lose the camaraderie, but we are also highly competitive. We practice days before the event to win the coveted “Mic” trophy. Spice Girls were a hit as was Brittney Spears, Elton John and Lil’ Nas with Billy Rae.
Speaking of teams. It’s important to consider your installation and dismantling crew part of your show “team”. You can do this by:
- Letting them know when you will arrive (day and time) during the set up.
- Inform them of your expectations. How much time you will need to set up your product etc.
- When you want to meet for a walk through.
- Provide cell phone numbers and your contact information.
- Provide copies of all service orders a week in advance, especially carpet and electric order and grid.
- Provide shipping details to and from show.
- Provide the installing supervisor with a precise layout/grid of your booth space and orientation of your exhibit in that space. (entrance, vendors booth numbers to the left, right, top and bottom of your booth)
“No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it. (H.E. Luccock)
Please feel free to contact me with ideas, solutions, experiences: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Barb’s Blogs